Favorite Quotes

Well many people had asked me where do I come up with the quotes that I insert at my online signature(s); it's a simple process :)

1. I pick a word, a random word symbolizing my mood.
3. I pick a random poet; my favorites are WB Yeats, RW Emerson & Shakespeare among others.
4. I search for that word among that poet's work.
5. I pick a line that sounds befitting.
6. Post away! :p

I'll find the time to post my favorite quotes :) Among them are:
  • A man is a bundle of relations, a knot of roots, whose flower & fruitage is the world ~ RW Emerson
  • Flowers are lovely, love is flower-like, Friendship is a sheltering tree ~ Samuel Taylor Coleridge
  • Who buys a minute's mirth to wail a week? Or sells eternity to buy a toy? For one sweet grape who will the vine destroy? ~ W Shakespeare
  • I have spread my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams ~ RW Emerson
  • To unpathed waters, undreamed shores ~ W Shakespeare
  • O body swayed to music, O brightening glance, How can we tell the dancer from the dance? ~ WB Yeats
  • Nor dread nor hope attend a dying animal; A man awaits his end; Dreading and hoping all ~ WB Yeats
It's always a joy to understand the meaning behind apparently simple words.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When is the Right Age to Marry?

Fancy a Massage in Bangsar?

Here We Go Again...