1. I pick a word, a random word symbolizing my mood.
2. I go to http://www.online-literature.com/
3. I pick a random poet; my favorites are WB Yeats, RW Emerson & Shakespeare among others.
4. I search for that word among that poet's work.
5. I pick a line that sounds befitting.
6. Post away! :p
I'll find the time to post my favorite quotes :) Among them are:
- A man is a bundle of relations, a knot of roots, whose flower & fruitage is the world ~ RW Emerson
- Flowers are lovely, love is flower-like, Friendship is a sheltering tree ~ Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- Who buys a minute's mirth to wail a week? Or sells eternity to buy a toy? For one sweet grape who will the vine destroy? ~ W Shakespeare
- I have spread my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams ~ RW Emerson
- Nor dread nor hope attend a dying animal; A man awaits his end; Dreading and hoping all ~ WB Yeats
It's always a joy to understand the meaning behind apparently simple words.