The Heart Asks For Pleasure First

This is a beautiful piano solo piece written by Michael Nyman for the movie "The Piano". It is really a simple song once you set your mind to practice it many, many times. The tricky part is to accent on the melody while maintaining rhythm & consistent tone with the other notes. 



Personally, the emotions I feel when I listen to this piece is yearning, patience & love. There's the poignant, almost sad melody, asking for love; the lower demanding notes that speak of passion & the final push to silence, that one must be patient to find peace.

I do have the sheet music, I will try to scan them & upload them ASAP, feel free to ask me for the mp3; it's truly a remarkable piece & one that a piano enthusiast will appreciate & enjoy :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When is the Right Age to Marry?

Fancy a Massage in Bangsar?

Here We Go Again...