- Atlantis is a huge island, consisting of alternating rings of land & sea (circular moats) with a mountain at the center.
- Atlanteans built bridges to connect the mountain with the rest of the island; a great canal was dug to the sea.
- Tunnels were carved into the rings of rock so that ships could pass into the city around the mountain; docks were carved from the rock walls of the moats.
- Every passage to the city was guarded by gates & towers, & a wall surrounded the city's rings.
- The civilization was powerful: it conquered parts of Libya until Egypt & subjected the people to slavery.
- In 9600 BC, Atlantis failed to overcome the resistance from Athens &
This is tricky; among the places rumored to be formerly Atlantis are the Atlantic Ocean, the Mediterranean Sea, Antartica & even Mexico. Santorini is another possibility.
- A pyramid explored by Dr Ray Brown on the sea floor off the Bahamas in 1970. Brown was accompanied by 4 divers who also found roads, domes, rectangular buildings, unidentified metallic instruments, and a statue holding a "mysterious" crystal containing miniature pyramids. The metal devices and crystals were taken to Florida for analysis at a university there. What was discovered was that the crystal amplified energy that passed through it.
- Ruins of roads and buildings found off Binini Island in the 1960's by the photographed and published expeditions of Dr Mansan Valentine. Similar ruins were also photographed off Cay Sal in the Bahamas. Similar underwater ruins were found off Morocco and photographed 50 to 60 feet underwater.
- A huge 11 room pyramid found 10,000 feet under water in the mid Atlantic Ocean with a huge crystal top, as reported by Tony Benlk.
- A 1977 report of a huge pyramid found off Cay Sal in the Bahamas, photographed by Ari Marshall's expedition, about 150 feet underwater. The pyramid was about 650 feet high. Mysteriously the surrounding water was lit by sparkling white water flowing out of the openings in the pyramid and surrounded by green water, instead of the black water everywhere else at that depth.
- A sunken city about 400 miles off Portugal found by Soviet expeditions led by Boris Asturua, with buildings made of extremely strong concrete and plastics. He said "the remains of streets suggests the use of monorails for transportation". He also brought up a statue.
- A marble acropolis underwater across five acres of fluted columns raised on pillars.
- Heinrich Schilemann, the man who found and excavated the famous ruins of Troy (which historians thought was only a legend), reportedly left a written account of his discovery of a bronze vase with a metal unknown to scientists who examined it, in the famous Priam Treasure. Inside it are glyphs in Phoenician stating that it was from King Chronos of Atlantis. Identical pottery was found in Tiajuanaco, Bolivia.
- Ancient writings from the Aztecs, Myans, Greeks, Egyptians, Spain, India, Tibet, and islands in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans all speak of ancient sunken continents and their connection to them.
- Human footprints and shoe prints, a perfectly engineered cube, jewelry, a prehistoric animal with a hole in its skull that scientists admit only a bullet could make, a remnant of a screw, and other modern artifacts have been found in layered rock strata geologists admit formed on these objects millions of years ago.
The legend of Atlantis is still being researched upon today; we will always be fascinated by this "mother of all civilizations" & the interesting discoveries will continue to enlighten & shed light on the cultures & beliefs of the ancients.