Subject: Electrical Technology
Project: Create a gadget/tool etc that uses an electrical circuit & is useful
Oh well. Thanks to the link here, I knew that if this boat didn't float (or move, for that matter), I'd wonder if I'm fit to be a chemical engineer. Even the Chinese uncle who sold the electrical materials said that this is a project for kids.
- styrofoam piece
- batteries + holder
- solder equipment
- little electric fan (to be sacrificed for the motor & rotating blades mwahaha)
- lots of tape & pins
Tools of the trade...One must be prepared
- Dissect the fan, remove the important organs & study their connections (ie which wire connected to which port bla bla bla)
- Measure the styrofoam to put the cute little motor on = platform
- Measure the base plate (or styrofoam piece, whatever), place the mini platform at the edge.
- Connect the wires to the switch & the battery holder (with the batteries).
- Test the prototype.
Our little boat rocked. It does look really hideous but it moves like a dream. Now we just need to make it look more...presentable & we're done! What a day, I felt like a giddy kid when the little chugger moved across the water so smoothly :p
The little chugger hehe
Definitely a fun experience!