1. Born in Malaysia & you have an IC.
2. Speak Manglish: you need to have "la" & "aiyo" in your vocabulary. "Campur"-ing is a must.
3. Speak Malay: it's our national language, you must be fluent in it. You didn't learn it for 11 yrs for nothing.
4. Malaysian food include: nasi lemak, ABC, dodol, kuih lapis, teh tarik, roti canai, sambal, rojak, & char kuay teow.
A Malaysian favorite...teh tarik!
5. You know that an event/occasion always starts 30 min after the time stated in the schedule.
6. We pay our taxes ON the dot (meaning at the VERY LAST MINUTE)
7. We believe in "Malaysia Boleh" for everyting: climbing Mt Everest, paying the bills, watching badminton, making the longest noodles etc.
8. You know what is a Kancil (not the animal)
The Kancil: our national car...or one of them.
9. You probably deserve a Datukship but somehow other people get that cake.
10. Water is free. Wait, is it?
11. The guy selling teh tarik is your "boss".
12. You know the origin of the national anthem.
13. You know the national flower.
14. You want the best for the nation; she is our country, after all.
15. You sometimes laugh at the silly antics by fellow Malaysians & the government but all in all, it's a pretty good deal.
Probably missing out on several items there, but it's good for now. I'd be lying if I said that I'm deliriously happy with the current situation: I'm not. Times like this makes us question our nationality & see how far we've come as a nation. But I'd say I'm trying to be a good Malaysian & I've been dealt some pretty good cards so far :)