What Is Color?
Color comes from light; each color has its own specific wavelength & frequency. Actually the human eye can only detect 3 main colors: green, blue & red. The other colors are the result of mixing these 3 main colors in our mind *creepy humans*
Color & Personality
Your favorite color can give a few hints about yourself:
- Green: A great listener - someone who's never too busy to help a friend - able to put him/herself into another person's shoes - you may appear innocent at times but your natural curiosity & understanding of people makes you more streetwise than you seem.
- Black: Fiercely loyal - committed to all your relationships - extremely disciplined about achieving your goals - tend to be emotional & make decisions based on feelings rather than logic.
- White/cream: Willing to experience new things & seek out the unexplored - tend to attract people from various backgrounds & this may create tight spots - you will need to control your desires & set realistic goals to achieve.
- Red: You never do things half-assed - direct & practical with a clear idea of what you want - you let people know exactly where you stand - you establish firm boundaries - you have no problems saying "no" - you can be impatient with other people's inefficiencies.
- Yellow: Optimistic - accepts people for who they are - strive to make people happy - you rarely expect anything in return so its hard for people to do nice things for you.
- Pink: You've a genuine concern for others - always considerate - yet you need to be appreciated to advance in life.
- Gold/bronze: Ambitious, you have high hopes & expectations - enjoy life to the fullest - yet you may take on too many things at a time, creating conflicting schedules & stress.
- Blue: Optimistic & dreamy - overlook minor bumps, give other people the benefit of the doubt & see the sunny side of life - create a positive, upbeat presence that encourage others to move forward - naive in love, takes a while for you to see the flaws of your beloved.
- Violet: You have good judgement - you seek spiritual fulfillment - you have a soft spot for mysticism, imagination & mystery - inspired & imaginative - yet still calm & balanced.
- Brown: Conventional & orderly - you are dependable & grounded - carries an aura of wholesomeness - the negative perception is you may be a repressed/lazy person.
These days, color therapy is becoming an increasingly popular holistic treatment. Color is the energy used to encourage healthy & natural healing of various ailments, may it be physical, mental, emotional or spiritual. Color preferences is important to determine the correct treatment.
2 main reasons for color preferences are:
- life experiences: a good experience may cause us to like a certain color; likewise, a negative experience may cause us to dislike a particular color.
- aversion to a certain color may indicate an imbalance in a particular part of the body.
Her favorite color is blue, what's yours?