1. Academic: things are really getting stressful now. I'm not inspired to get things done, I've 1 week left to complete my PSM & Plant Design...the research project is a pain; the last run I did yielded negative results so I hope I've time to get the data I need. Plant Design requires Utilities & Equipment sizing summary; the former has never been asked for previously so I'm clueless as to know what utilities we're using etc. I feel I've run out of steam. I don't find what I'm learning this semester enjoyable at all. If anything I realized I'm more of a study-theory-&-score-in-test person: research is not for me, pursuing a Masters degree doesn't seem appealing anymore >.< 2. Industrial training: I'm in the middle of compiling company profiles & contact details so I can start sending applications. Industrial training will be from 14 June to 26 Nov...6 months so it's crucial for me to find a good place to work at. At least that's coming along better than PSM & Plant design >.< 3. Orchestra: A LOT OF CHANGES!
- New trainer: Awesome guy, talk about commitment! Very experienced, understanding & great to work with! :)
- New repertoire: We're actually trying jazz pieces! We're covering more genres & focusing on what we can manage.
- New name: UMP Orchestra = UMPO :D
- New look: We finally have a logo!
- New structure: The organization is bigger now; not only do we have performing members, we've a stage crew too to help out with logistics etc during shows.
- New policies: Membership is now restricted to individuals who can play instruments until we are able to pull in trainers who can provide proper tutelage for newbies.
4. Sports: Now that the sports complex is open, I play badminton almost every week. I feel stronger & healthier, not to mention that it's a great way to bond with friends :p I thought of representing the university at tournaments but time is against me :(
5. Debate: I've decided I probably won't debate anymore this semester. Due to certain circumstances, I think I'd give adjudication a shot...A good chance is by being the CA for the upcoming VC Cup Debate tourney in UMP. I plan to make it as structured as possible & provide fair motions for everyone.