1) I didn't have proper pilates attire (I know, such a petty reason haha)
2) The last time I did pilates was 7 yrs ago and couldn't remember if I liked it
Then I considered that the classes will be conducted in sauna-like conditions (40°C) and Urban Spring is really near to my house; plus I think it's good to try out different exercises (I can't do more than 4 sessions of badminton a week and I'm still not losing weight, no thanks to my incredible appetite post-CNY). I've always thought of pilates as yoga with focus on core muscles (the abdomen and spine) :D
Among the benefits of hot pilates are:
1) The heat warms the muscles and enable them to stretch more than usual
- in addition, it reduces muscle soreness and increases the level of endorphin in our blood
2) Sweating helps release toxins
- high temperature encourages deep sweating which helps reduce levels of toxins that we absorb everyday from our contact with the environment (eg lead, mercury etc).
3) It also aids weight loss
- high temperature increases cardiovascular activities which requires more oxygen and the body burns more calories in the process.
Disclaimer: This article represents purely my opinion and I do not get any monetary profit from referring others :)