Goodbye 2018, Hello 2019!

Time passes quickly when one's life is bustling! I felt that 2018 passed by in a blur, sometimes I mix up the events in 2017 and 2018! Some highlights from 2017-2018: 

Winter Holiday 2017
I was super eager for this trip; I had tied up my work from an intense project and missing my beau, plus it was my first trip back to Europe since graduation! My bf planned the trip so well and the trip strengthened our relationship. I will share more details in a separate post, but needless to say it was a fine finish to 2017! 


She Works Hard for the Money...
On the career-front, I'm fortunate to still have a steady income; the industry is still sluggish despite the rise in petrol prices. The low workload was a blessing because it allowed me to recover from my cubital tunnel syndrome and reflect on my long term career goal. I plan to specialize in heat transfer design and take on more responsibilities as I move up the ladder.


Bonjour Paris! 
I had the opportunity to work in our Paris HQ for 2.5 months which was a stroke of luck! It was a great experience: I enjoyed the working environment there and I learned so much in that short span of time. I took a month off after my assignment ended to indulge in homemaking lifestyle and solo day trips within Île-de-France; it was a lovely break before the end of 2018.


KLPAC SO goes to Penang
The KLPAC String Orchestra (SO) held a one-night-only concert at Penangpac and we played to an enthusiastic crowd. We were blessed and honored to perform Handel's Concerto Grosso Op. 6 under the baton of Maestro Dato' Woon Wen Kin, who is considered one of the nation's pioneering violinists. It was a trip of fun, food and friends, as well as good-ol' music making. 


2018 was the year of TV binging
I signed up for Netflix mainly because my dad loved Narcos but now my whole family is streaming are ardent fans of the streaming site. I binge-watched The Haunting of Hill House, The Good Place...I also caught up on old favorites like Friends and Modern Family. I also watched Startup and Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan on Amazon's counterpart Prime Video. 


Looking forward to 2019
I find myself craving for more of the simple; I'm driven to hope for better things to come. I'm looking forward to 2019 with open arms and wider eyes. Happy New Year to all my readers and I pray that 2019 will be a blessed year :)

PS Noticed the new look? Well I got tired of the Photobucket pop up so decided to switch back to a Blogger template :p

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When is the Right Age to Marry?

Fancy a Massage in Bangsar?

Here We Go Again...