Poem: Aedh Wishes For The Clothes Of Heaven

William Butler Yeats is one of my favorite poets, plus he's Irish :p This is one of my favorite poems, I first came across it in the book "Valley of Silence" by Nora Roberts:

Aedh Wishes for the Clothes of Heaven

"Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."

The last 3 lines are my favorite; the words speak for themselves, beautiful simple words ;)

WB Yeats FTW!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When is the Right Age to Marry?

Fancy a Massage in Bangsar?

Here We Go Again...